Affordable dentist in Kendall
Invisalign, just as the name implies are made of polyurethane plastic. Invisalign aligners in Miami are removable, unlike clear or metal braces that are bonded or cemented to the teeth. You can remove the aligners when you want to eat, for special occasions, and most importantly, when flossing or brushing. This could be an advantage as well as a disadvantage. The snag here is that you must try hard to overcome the temptation to take out the aligners more than you should. But that notwithstanding, here are the many benefits of the Miami invisalign system:
- It improves oral hygiene: Invisalign is an orthodontic appliance. It is removable. This means that you can clean your teeth with ease compared to wearing metal braces.
- A Discreet Look: Miami Dentists at Advanced Family Dental understand if you want to keep your orthodontics a private affair. You will do just fine with an invisible form of orthodontic treatment.
- Your diet isn’t hampered: People who wear braces and metal wires are compelled to make modifications in their diet so as to protect these devices. However, with clear invisalign at Miami, your diet is not affected. You’ll still be able to take your pizza or bite your apple.
- Comfort: Miami Invisalign fixed by dentists at Advanced Family Dental are made of flexible and soft material that will not cause any irritations to the soft tissues of your mouth.
- Protection during teeth grinding: If you have a clenching or teeth-grinding habit, then these aligners may serve as thin night-guards that will prevent your teeth from wearing off excessively.
How invisalign works
The mechanism of action of invaslign aligners is similar to that of traditional braces. Invisalign clear aligners function by applying controlled forces to the teeth thus moving them into a better position. However, invisalign aligners are not made of metal, rather, they are made of flexible and clear plastic.
Miami dentists at Advanced Family Dental will use a specialized software to design a plan to help move your teeth into the best alignment. The alignment process occurs in stages. The invisalign maker makes two plastic aligners for each stage. One aligners fits to the bottom of your teeth while the other fits over the top of your teeth. The first set of aligners will be worn for two weeks. You wear these for at least 20 hours per day. You will then switch to the next set of aligners. This you’ll keep doing under the guidance of your dentist until your teeth are properly aligned.
Giving your teeth the care it deserves
As stated above, a major advantage of the Invisalign clear aligners is that they can easily be removed for cleaning. This is very important. It is important that you brush after your snacks or meals so that food particles and plaques do not get trapped in the aligners. If this happen, you’ll be at risk of gum disease and tooth decay. Also, you’ll have to clean your aligners regularly. This can be done by brushing and rinsing the aligners with lukewarm water.
You should also note that while clear aligners differ greatly from braces, the importance of retaining your post-treatment results is exactly the same. Make sure you wear your retainers ad advised by your dentist at Advanced Family Dental.
See What Our Patients Are Saying
From the receptionists to hygenist and the amazing Dr. Triana I don’t even know how to thank them they are the best.Their kidness, knowledge and caring deserve a 10, their office is spotless . Recommend it to everyone,
When it comes to the dentist I’m the biggest chicken! But honestly the staff here makes you feel at home. They are very caring, attentive, and most of all extremely professional. Dr. Triana is extremely gentle and nice!!
After having such a horrible experience, the day prior at a different Dental Clinic. It was amazing and refreshing to be treated with such awesome customer service!! Dr. Triana, Janet, and Maria were extremely helpful,
Our family is so glad to have found this gem. This dental practice is a cut above most practices – and we have checked out several – in the area. The place is family friendly, nice and clean, the equipment cutting edge,
Dr. Traina makes you feel as if you’ve been her patient for a lifetime. Few dentists have ever gone the extra step to ask about me! She gets to know her patients as people not just names on files and screens. She makes you feel so comfortable.
My whole family has been patients at Advance Family Dental for some time now and their service has been amazing. The atmosphere of good and friendly attention from their professional office staff makes them helpful in understanding
I was really impressed with the office staff and Doctor. They were extremely friendly and took the time to explain to both my husband and I what kind of work we needed done and why. I’ve been to other offices where they try to push unnecessary procedures on you
Advance Family Dental
Kendall Pointe Plaza
16650 SW 88th Street, Suite 106
Miami, FL 33196
Monday-Friday: 9am to 6pm
Saturday: By appointment